Friday, October 4, 2013

Paite chic

This cute pic of two pretty niƱa's belongs to my adorable little cousins(I am old enough to be their aunt!! :) ). They're dressed in the traditional costume of the 'Paite' tribe of Manipur and Mizoram in India. Aren't they little munchkins!!
The Paite are constituting tribes of the Zomi tribe(major tribe found in various parts of South and South East Asia).


The latest fall trend of the windowpane/checked prints can be interpreted in this fabric. How I would love to own one of these pieces! I am definitely getting a jacket and skirt stitched out of this fabric during my next trip to Manipur! It can be worn in numerous ways-that's the beauty of tribal fabrics-you can tailor it to your tastes and likes! The indigenous tribes wear it as a sarong/wrap and as smart jackets like these beauties are wearing! Imagine an outfit with tall boots or cobalt pumps!!Drooolll!!..Can't wait till I get my very own outfit!
Aren't these inspiring little chicas totally rocking the look with their smiles and adorable personalities?!! <3


The little ones in the 'Paite' costume ©Hauteinterpreter


4 comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...