Wednesday, June 11, 2014

High tea

Happy Wednesday lovelies!

Hope you all have been having a fine week!
My mom visited me recently and I took her to a quaint town nearby to indulge in and to sip some tea! :) As you know I love my tea and love any ceremony dedicated to tea!Be it a cup of tea in a little clay pot(served especially in Indian trains)or the Indian street 'chai-wallahs' or vendors selling hot ginger and spiced tea, English Earl Grey tea or Assam tea, my friends will tell you I'm always game for a good cup of tea!Whether it was my Mom's tea, my roomie's  (and now close friend's) tea;which she made lovingly and (may not always have turned out the way she would have been pleased about) or like a friend puts it;"Wake her up at midnight and ask her whether she'd like some tea and she would say "Yes,please!" even if she's half asleep!".So you see -You get it now :)

Anyway all this 'tea-talk' was to tell you about this little tea place called Tyme for Tea where we settled ourselves one afternoon for a 3 course Victorian tea.
We realized we could have skipped lunch!The 3 course tea was a generous helping of scones, sweetmeats, a variety of tea sandwiches and of course wonderful cups of tea. Scrumptious and filling!

Yummy tea-sandwiches

That's me beaming with tea-joy!Lol
And here's my outfit I wore. I usually prefer summery floral dresses and pearls for such occasions but I have been loving this dress which camouflages my extra weight at all the right places! Haha!So the teal lace dress it was to be. A white blazer for the afternoon and matching nude and white color block ankle straps with a contrasting snake print envelope clutch to complete the look.


Teal lace dress-Anthropologie;White Blazer-H&M;Snake print clutch-Borrowed from my sis;Color Block ankle strap pumps-DSW(same);Teal earrings-Dilli Haat,India


That's the lovely Olivia Wilde in the same dress.Who wore it better??*wink wink ;) ;) I'm kidding!!





Enjoy the rest of the week with flair!

Shop the look!

Teal lace dress(sold out) (similar)
White Blazer
Snake print clutch (another option)
Color block ankle strap pumps(same)





le grĂ¡

hauteinterpreter

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...