Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Tribal skirt

It's been a while since I sported something from my little state in its little nook in Eastern India!Here's a tribal sarong/wrap/phanek which I have folded into half and worn as a knee-length skirt.Remember how I wore it in the traditional way as a sarong?(See here)
Now this is a more modern take on the humble tribal sarong/phanek. Did I mention-the sarong/phanek is hand-woven?I had a little blue bracelet from Ladakh that complimented the phanek fabulously! I wish I could open up a little boutique of my own to showcase these fabrics and clothes from my part of the country!
Until then, Robert De Niro(I love him-he also looks just like one of my dearest uncles!:) ) is being an ambassador(in a way) for a particular traditional scarf called the 'Leiroom'! :) The Leiroom is a hand woven scarf. It is used during ceremonial occasions across Manipur. It is an essential item of presentation during weddings, to receive guest in house and at formal functions .

:)

Robert De Niro wearing the Manipuri 'Leiroom'



Turtleneck-'W' India;Tribal sarong/phanek-From Manipur; Boots-Corso Como;Bracelet-From Leh, Ladakh-India;Earrings-Forever 21;Necklace-Forever New;Belt-Mango





le grĂ¡
hauteinterpreter

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...