Thursday, January 10, 2013

Tribal Inspiration

Ok ok..I  wear these boots everywhere, but remember? can't wear heels yet because of my 'still healing' foot :(  But see I added bows! :) Remember my trench with the bow(here) (I also used them here)..am obsessed with bows right now! Clipped these onto the boot loops with hair clips :) .

The shawl is a hand woven shawl from the hills of Manipur, India ; a traditional tribal shawl.  Manipur, like other North East Indian states has numerous tribes native to its state. Each tribe has a trademark pattern woven into its shawls. One can only imagine the numerous designs and patterns that exist given the diversity of cultures in the region -there are hundreds of these little known tribes! North East India is a true treasure trove of art, design, fashion and style.

Its been cold and windy in the bay area and wrapping myself in warm and thick shawls has been the way to go ;) . Do they have 'Lazy fashion' style guides? Do I qualify lol?
Shawl-From Manipur, India; Sweater cardigan-Vero Moda; Jeans-Gap; Equestrian boots-Piperlime; Bows and clips-Michaels; Earrings-Dilli Haat, Delhi; Rose scrunchy-Equip, Canberra; Leatherette gloves-Target











Shop similar items:

Sweater cardigan

Jeans

Equestrian Boots

Leatherette gloves

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...