Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Style soiree

I love wearing the Manipuri wrap(phanek) (also here) . Its a bit of a job when it comes to tying it the right way though. It is worn with a petticoat underneath and is tucked away in a particular style. We don't wear belts :) .

Here I am wearing a tribal phanek from the hills of Manipur. Tribal wraps are pretty versatile and are worn with smart tops, jackets and stoles(like this)by women in the hills of North East India. Fashion in North East India is always fresh, exciting, original and down to earth. Young women are very conscious of the latest fashions and are always in touch with the latest styles.

So, I paired my wrap with a faux fur shrug and a pair of satin bow shooties(bows like I have mentioned before have been my latest obsession! see this and this!). Fun for an evening party? :)

Fauz fur shrug-Ice Design, Australia; Faux leather gloves-Target; Silk top-Mango; Wrap-Manipur, India; Clutch-Linking Road, Mumbai; Shooties-Flounce Jules Pump, Nordstrom; Earrings-Forever New
Faux fur shrug-Ice Design, Australia; Faux leather gloves-Target; Silk top-Mango; Wrap-Manipur, India; Clutch-Linking Road, Mumbai; Shooties-Flounce Jules Pump, Nordstrom; Earrings-Forever New


Style_Soiree4

Style_Soiree3

Shop similar items:

Faux fur shrug

Shooties

Gloves

Top

Clutch


3 comments :

  1. Hello to all, the contents present at this web site are actually awesome
    for people knowledge, well, keep up the nice work fellows.


    Here is my site ดารา

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have an exceptional and fabulous sense of fashion. So classy and chic..Everything here looks just perfect. I especially love the classic black leather gloves which enhances the look. Sadly we don’t find many women here in india wearing these..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shan!

      Thanks for stopping by and thank you so much for your kind words! Sadly the cultures and people of the North Eastern part of the country are still not very well known in other parts of India. I'm trying to do my bit by presenting it's clothes and fashions through my blog!:)

      I always believe in dressing up for no particular reason.Go ahead, don't wait for special occasions to wear your best dress or to wear that fascinator!Accessorize and experiment! That's what I did with the gloves! :)

      Hope to see you around! Take care! <3 <3 <3

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...